Beckett Cypher’s obituary was not made public. Melissa Etheridge announced the death of her son Beckett Cypher on May 14, 2020.

According to a statement made by Etheridge, Cypher’s death was caused by opioid addiction.

According to the statement, “Today I joined the hundreds of thousands of families who have lost loved ones to opioid addiction. My son Beckett, who was just 21, struggled to overcome his addiction and finally succumbed to it today.”

“My heart is broken,” Etheridge’s statement said. “We struggle with what else we could have done to save him, and in the end we know he is out of the pain now. I will sing again, soon. It has always healed me.”

Bailey Jean Cypher was born to Etheridge and Julie Cypher in 1997. The following year saw the birth of Beckett Cypher. In 2000, the couple divorced.

Etheridge is a 58-year-old Grammy-winning singer-songwriter and activist. She is also the mother of twins who are 13 years old.

David Crosby, Beckett’s father retweeted a news report on the passing without adding any comment.

The coroner’s office in Denver stated that an autopsy had been performed but made no further announcements.

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7t7XZmpqaZpOkunCuxJyinqykYrC6vMeeqWankp7Btq3RsmY%3D